Author Topic: I see you have found the Cafeteria  (Read 2713 times)

BriarRose17

• Freshman
  • It's great to be back!
    • View Profile
I see you have found the Cafeteria
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »
I knew I'd find it soon. Why don't you come in and sit down? Relax. Have some more-interesting-than-average food. And afterwards, why don't you tell me all about your adventures-er , um, I mean...lessons here on campus. Oh, but if the purple goo comes around, we must be quick! Otherwise it will probably swallow us whole. I was almost captured once. That goo is near impossible to get out of your hair!

Oh, don't mind Blue, my living paint blob. She's pretty harmless. Just don't go feeding her anything, because I'm not quite sure what will happen. It could simply be that she gets sick, but, there were a few times....oh, but let's not talk about me! I want to hear about you guys!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:06:27 AM by BriarRose17 »
There are a myriad number of dreams and lies.
But there is only one truth!

BriarRose17

• Freshman
  • It's great to be back!
    • View Profile
Re: I see you have found the Cafeteria
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:34:28 AM »
No takers? All right, I guess I'll start first, then.
               It was around two weeks ago. I was on my usual stroll in search of the cafeteria with blue, when all of a sudden, something zoomed by through the air. I only caught a glimpse of it, but I could tell that it was headed to the research tower. Finding myself with not much else to do at the moment, the most interesting thing to do was to find out what it was. Some sort of personal flight machine to help keep freshmen off the grass? A new mecha robot? Perhaps an experiment gone wrong?
                Who knows? I thought to myself as I turned towards the tower. But, whatever it is, it's interesting!

I could have gotten there sooner if I could have gone straight as the crow flies. But, with the grass being in a terribly hungry state that day, I had to use the sidewalks. As it was, once I got there, the item was nowhere to be found. There were no marks of any crash landings, or any landings at all, for that matter. The students that I asked hadn't seen it either. I was stumped.
                 I decided to think about the problem later, after grabbing a bite to eat at the cafeteria. I looked at Blue, who was riding on my shoulder at that point. "All right, Blue, let's find the cafe!" On a nice day, she can usually find it within fifteen minutes, unless it's super windy out. It's one of the things she can do, although I don't really understand how. Perhaps she has this ability due to the collective wish of students to be able to always find the cafeteria, but I have yet to prove the theory. Anyways, Blue was silent for a minute or two before turning North, all the way across campus. Great. I made my way there, trying to ignore my growling stomach.
                 Before I reveal any more, does anyone think they can guess at what the flying thing was? I'll give each person three guesses.

Mother Roshiya

• Sophomore
  • Formerly ChrissyCATZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 02:38:25 PM »
With a stretch of the arms and a bit of a yawn for the morning, I open the cafeteria doors and walk in, dodging the purple goo currently bent in half over the garbage can. I walk over to the food counter and consider my options... It's not Tuesday so no exploding waffles... Should I take the Japanese breakfast special, or the loaded scrambled eggs with cheese? I decide on the Japanese breakfast special because the miso soup looks delicious, hand over my meal credit, and look around the tables. Not very many people seem to have found this place yet. Spotting Briar, I walk over and place my tray on the table in time to hear the story. I laugh as I sit down.

"Well, now... It could have been one of the flying monkeys, one of the various students with flight capabilities such as myself~though I haven't been to the research tower recently~, or anything really... The joys of OMU!" I take a spoonful of my miso soup and sip it quietly, eyes closing in enjoyment. For all of the hazards of the Cafeteria, the food was definitely worth the hassle. "Did you end up finding out what it was?"

BriarRose17

• Freshman
  • It's great to be back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »
      I winked at Mother Roshiya. "As a matter of fact, I did. But not until later that afternoon, when I saw it in action again. It was actually a rather well-thrown geta. The reason why I hadn't found it was because it had sailed in through a window and landed on an unsuspecting sleeper who was late for class. The late-sleeper had then closed the window, which is why I couldn't find it anywhere the first time."
       I turned towards the others who had gathered around."So, if you guys don't want to get hit by flying geta, I suggest you not be late for classes." Sitting back, I reached for my half-empty plate, only to find that blue had eaten the rest of the mystery pudding. "Blue! BAD! Oh great! And I was just getting used to the tapioca-pinapple flavor, too!" Blue had started turning a very interesting shade of pink. "I'll be right back. I just need to help Blue get this out of her system. Perhaps Mother Roshiya has a tale or two to tell?" Blue was now a bright magenta color. I grabbed Blue and rushed off to the restrooms.

Mother Roshiya

• Sophomore
  • Formerly ChrissyCATZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 12:28:14 AM »
I chuckle. "Briar, you can't live in OMU or the surrounding areas for 12 years and NOT have any stories! The question is really: which one do I tell? THAT's the hard one." I take another enjoyable sip of miso soup, then tap the ceramic spoon on my lips thoughtfully, eyes glazed over as I consider my past. "Ah yes..." I pull out my roll of ESTBMAPGX-RP duct tape out of my jacket sleeve and put it on the table.

"If you've seen it in action, you'll know that this roll of duct tape isn't of the normal variety, but it wasn't always the case...

It was very soon after being introduced to the manga art style and finding the OMU campus. I had registered for classes, been exposed to so many different cultural things that my 15 year old self had never encountered before that my head was swimming and I wasn't quite sure of my personal form yet. The new addition of Kitsune magic to my elemental human abilities left me unstable and prone to sudden shifts in physique, sometimes more human, sometimes completely fox. I often spent time in the girl's locker room for a bit of privacy while I came to grips with how I wanted to BE. Always having found solace in the presence of water, this often meant I took showers so that I didn't have to worry about ripped or fried clothing."

I take another spoonful sip of my miso soup and a bite of fish.

"Now, one day, I was in a form similar to how you see me now, though my limbs were more fox like, and my ears picked up the sound of movement in the air ducts that had nothing to do with moving air. Using the kitsune speed I had, I was able to get to the air vent quickly enough to catch glimpse of one of the new male students scamper panickedly away around the corner. I thought that was the end of it, so I went back to experimenting with my forms, but I kept hearing him. He wasn't anywhere near any of the vent openings, but he kept making under the breath like comments as if he could see what I was doing anyways."

Another sip of miso and a spoonful of rice.

"I got dressed and left of course. Came back another time. I think it was the third time I heard him in the vents that Oni-chan and Gin were there too and we managed to grab the n00b from his hiding spot. When we pulled him out, we had a bit of a shock; he had these huge fly eyes in place of more 'normal' eyes. He said they were 'super x-ray fly eyes' and admitted to using them to spy in the girls' locker room for a long while."

I take a bite of the rolled tamagoyaki.

"I don't really remember what we did for punishment, and he wasn't around the campus for very long afterwards for me to remember a name, but it prompted me to look at the locker room a bit more seriously. I took this roll of duct tape I had and spent over a week trying to figure out how to block x-ray vision without directly resorting to lead so that it could be used next to the skin without risk of poisoning. I managed in the end, and spent another few days simultaneously covering the locker room walls and figuring out the technique of duplicating the duct tape as I was using it so that I didn't run out. It took a few rolls of trying before I mastered it. The room was completely covered and painted and tiled over within a month."

I take yet another delighted sip of miso soup.

"The rest of it was added to over time as boys managed to escape their hazings in the chatroom. Increased the tensile strength to resist breaking from crazy strong individuals, aligned the frequency vibration to block out teleportation, synced a bit of void element to it to absorb regular and elemental magic... Then the best part was mixing it with some of Planeswalker Demosthenes's variety to keep people from being able to plane shift through it. I think that bit took a month and a half to perfect. Since then, I haven't really had any need to update it. Heck, it's been so long since I've messed with it, I'm not sure I could make a new roll if this ever ran out, so I've been really diligent about duplicating it as I use it, and I use it for pretty much everything!"

I chuckle and pat the roll of duct tape fondly.

"Including keeping the locker room safe. True, it's one of the few rooms on campus where you actually physically have to walk in through the front door, but it's the safest room on campus because of it."

I tuck the roll back into my jacket sleeve. "The acronym just stands for what it can do; 'Extra Strength Teleportation Blocking Magic Absorbing Planeswalker Grade X-Ray Proof' duct tape. Or ESTBMAPGX-RP Duct Tape."

I finish my breakfast and take the last sip of miso soup contentedly, look into the empty bowl with a quick disappointed frown because it didn't go on forever, then lean back in my chair with a clap of the hands.

"So! Who else has a favorite OMU story to tell?"